Red Door is seeking a proactive and engaging Special Education Teacher who is passionate about working with a best-in-class team that delivers the highest quality of care to families of children. At Red Door, you will be joining a dynamic team where each team member is incredibly valued. This position is for a preschool Special Education Itinerate Teacher (SEIT).
About this role:
- Fee for Service Special Education Itinerate Teacher starting in Sept 2022
- Hourly range of $50-$65 per hour
- Availability during school hours, afternoons, evenings with ability to travel to student’s location
- Full time, Part time
- Protecting and maintain student’s IEP Goals by providing Direct Service, Coordination and Consultation casework services on Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk counties).
- Develop and implement: Individualized Education Plans, Quarterly Progress Reports, Annual Progress Reports and Assessments
- Ongoing assessment and documentation of children’s performance, remediation needs, and progress.
- Maintain accurate attendance records for all children
- Complete all educational reports and goals in a timely manner.
- Participation in all CPSE meetings as required by program needs.
- Open communication with supervisor, including reporting any immediate concerns of the parents/guardians
If you have these attributes:
- Passionate to work with children and their families
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to collaborate with various professionals
- Self-starter and independent problem solver
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Sterling values, high integrity, empathetic and considerate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible thinker with the ability to pivot when necessary
- Must be a team player
- Life-long learner who is committed to personal development And this background:
- Graduate from an accredited university
- Current New York State License
- Minimum of (1) year experience working in a setting focusing on supporting children and their
- Newly licensed Special Education Teachers are welcome to apply
- Bilingual is a plus