Special Education Itinerant Teacher (SEIT)
Red Door is seeking a proactive and engaging Special Education Teacher who is passionate about working with a best-in-class team that delivers the highest quality of care to families of
children. At Red Door, you will be joining a dynamic team where each team member is incredibly valued. This position is for a preschool Special Education Itinerate Teacher (SEIT).
About this role:
• Fee for Service Special Education Itinerate Teacher starting in Sept 2022
• Availability during school hours, afternoons, evenings with ability to travel to student’s
• Full time, Part time
• Protecting and maintain student’s IEP Goals by providing Direct Service, Coordination and
Consultation casework services on Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk counties).
• Develop and implement: Individualized Education Plans, Quarterly Progress Reports, Annual
Progress Reports and Assessments
• Ongoing assessment and documentation of children’s performance, remediation needs, and
• Maintain accurate attendance records for all children
• Complete all educational reports and goals in a timely manner.
• Participation in all CPSE meetings as required by program needs.
• Open communication with supervisor, including reporting any immediate concerns of the
If you have these attributes:
• Passionate to work with children and their families
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to collaborate with various professionals
• Self-starter and independent problem solver
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Sterling values, high integrity, empathetic and considerate
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and dynamic environment
• Flexible thinker with the ability to pivot when necessary
• Must be a team player
• Life-long learner who is committed to personal development
And this background:
• Graduate from an accredited university
• Current New York State License
• Minimum of (1) year experience working in a setting focusing on supporting children and their
• Newly licensed Special Education Teachers are welcome to apply
• Bilingual is a plus.