Preschool Teacher Assistant
About the Organization
Red Door Learning Centers have been serving young children, with and without disabilities, since 2009. Our mission is to provide quality preschool and childcare for all families in the community in a nurturing, loving and developmentally appropriate educational environment. We believe that fulfilling this mission will enable children to develop to their full potential.
Preschool Teacher Assistant
Red Door Learning Centers is seeking a preschool teacher assistant. Candidates should have experience or desire to work in a preschool/childcare setting with children ages birth to age 5. Some Red Door Preschool classes are integrated with both typically developing children and children who have mild to moderate special needs.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time Preschool Teacher Assistant. This is a permanent, hourly position in which the Assistant is a member of the school wide team. Red Door believes that by working together we can apply our individual strengths to meet the needs of our students and families, which guarantees success for all. We welcome staff who come to us with a wide range of experience, from new graduates, to seasoned veterans, and who are looking to work collaboratively with fellow preschool and childcare staff. Through thoughtful supervision and coaching, Red Door assists all of our staff to expand their skills, take on challenges and experience success!
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for all students in the classroom
- Assist teacher to develop and execute classroom lessons and activities using developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Collaboratively develop and implement: Lesson plans, assessments and progress reports
- Maintain effective classroom management
- Team to create a child centered classroom that supports choice-based activities, including classroom displays that are child centered and feature the work of the children
- Ensure all classroom materials are intact, safe and presented in a child-friendly and age/developmentally appropriate manner
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, current curriculum standards and ability to integrate into lesson plans
- Participate in team meetings and staff meetings
- Help with the ongoing assessment and documentation of children’s performance and progress.
- Assist the lead teacher to maintain accurate attendance records for all children in class.
- Assist to develop a schedule that is reflective of the needs of the children in the class and supports best practice in early childhood education.
- Attend Red Door events as necessary.
- Assist lead teacher to maintain regular contact with the families via notebooks and/or phone calls.
- Open communication with supervisor, including reporting any immediate concerns of the parents/guardians
- Experience in working with children birth-5 years of age preferred
- NY State Teacher Assistant Certificate, or willingness to obtain one
- CDA (Child Development Association) credential preferred, or willing to obtain one
- Ability to build a warm and inclusive classroom environment for students with different levels of learning ability, styles and backgrounds
- Excellent in creating and maintaining strong relationships with students and families
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15./hr+ depending on experience.
- Professional development assistance
- Paid time off after 1 year
- Retirement Plan – employee paid