Preschool Special Education Teacher
We are currently looking for Full-Time Special Education Teachers. These are permanent, salaried positions in which the Special Education Teacher is a member of the school wide team and is
provided with support from therapeutic and administrative professionals. Red Door believes that by working together we can apply our individual strengths to meet the needs of our students and
families, which guarantees success for all. We welcome staff who come to us with a wide range of experience, from new graduates, to seasoned teachers, and who are looking to work collaboratively with fellow educators and experienced therapists. Through thoughtful supervision and coaching, Red Door assists all of our staff to expand their skills, take on challenges and experience success!
About this role:
• Preschool Special Education Teacher starting in July and/or Sept 2022
• Full time (10 and 12 month positions available)
• Ensure a safe and healthy environment for all students in the classroom
• Develop and execute classroom lessons and activities as indicated in compliance with
IEP Goals and developmentally appropriate curriculum
• Develop and implement: Individualized Education Plans, Quarterly Progress Reports
• Maintain effective classroom management
• Create a child centered classroom that supports choice-based activities, including
classroom displays that are child centered and feature the work of the children
• Ensure all classroom materials are intact, safe and presented in a child-friendly
and age/developmentally appropriate manner
• Knowledge of current curriculum standards and ability to integrate into lesson plans
• Supervision of Teacher Assistants during instructional time.
• Participate in team meetings, staff meetings and individual discipline meetings.
• Ongoing assessment and documentation of children’s performance, remediation needs,
• Maintain accurate attendance records for all children in class.
• Complete all educational reports and goals in a timely manner.
• Develop a schedule that is reflective of the needs of the children in the class and
supports best practice in early childhood education.
• Participation in all CPSE and CSE meetings as required by program needs.
• Attend Red Door events as necessary.
• Maintain regular contact with the families via notebooks and/or phone calls.
• Open communication with supervisor, including reporting any immediate concerns of
If you have these attributes:
• Passionate to work with children and their families
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to collaborate with various professionals
• Self-starter and independent problem solver
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Sterling values, high integrity, empathetic and considerate
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and dynamic environment
• Flexible thinker with the ability to pivot when necessary
• Must be a team player
• Life-long learner who is committed to personal development
And this Your Background:
• Graduate from an accredited university
• Current New York State License
• Minimum of (1) year experience working in a setting focusing on supporting children and their families.
• Newly licensed Special Education Teachers are welcome to apply
• Bilingual is a plus.
• Ability to build a warm and inclusive classroom environment for students with different levels
of learning ability, styles and backgrounds
• Excellent in creating and maintaining strong relationships with students and families